STDs Community
What is the cure for staph infection of the urethra?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I want to know how to effectively treat this infection i have had for about ten (10) years now. The symptom include milkish  pus discharge from the penis mostly during defacation, depression, wormlike movement around the body, ocassional painless tiny sores on the penis. Most of the test i have done have always reported staph infection and all effort to treat this infection with the sensitive antibiotics have been resistant. kindly advise me.

waiting patiently for your response.

Thank you.
Tags: STD
Hi there -

I don't know the answer to this, but you might post it in the STD experts forum.  You can find the link on the right side of this page, and it does cost $15 USD to post a question.

Sorry I couldn't help.

AJ
Do a test, have them run a sensitivity analyisis. This should determin what antibiotic to administer. I just got over an uncomplicated case. See the doc. Tell him what you need and be persistant. If you have had staph for 10 years I feel bad, I had it for a month. It sucks.

Vancomycin and gentamycin in combination will cure staph infection as these are used when we deal with MRSA. Normally amoxycillin would do it.
What is the duration of treatment with vancomycin and gentamycin?
It dpends on the severity and location of infection. Normally resistant staph cases are monitored closely in order to judge this.