STDs Community
What the heck is going on??

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

What the heck is going on??

I had a brief encounter where I deeply kissed a woman, she performed felatio on me and I performed cunnilingus on her.  My penis touced her outer lips but there was no penetration.  Shortly thereafter, I started experiencing symptoms ie, burning when peeing, soreness of penis.  Went to doc in box and was given anti fungal for poss yeast on exterior of penis, and something else for penis pain.  The pain never went away.  I felt like a truck hit me for next month and have not felt right since.  Symptoms including lower back pain, now pain in my rectal/prostate area, tingling in extremeties, lightheadedness, pain in my groin above my penis but below my navel.  Weird skin conditions that I never had before, such as pimple like bumps and weird rashes.  I also have experienced night sweats at neck and groin.  Joint pain and muscle weakness.  Stiff neck and headaches as well.
I have had all sorts of std testing.  HSV1 was pos.  I had had lesions before on upper lip.  HSV2 were neg through 8 months.  I even had HIV tests at 2.4 and10 months, and an ORAL HPV DNA PCR test (2 times)  all neg.
  I have tried to do research to find out what is going on and all the doctors want to treat me for is anxiety.  Im anxious because they have not tested me any further than the standard CBC, Thyroid, Celiac, Blood sugar tests.
  Now I have pain in my chest and throat that is not psychosematic.  It wakes me up and hurts.  My head hurts when I try to do complicated tasks and I feel as if I am running on 2 cylinders.  
  I have asked the Internist to do some Mycoplasma screening tests as my symptoms (neurological and intestinal) can be attributed to it.  The symptoms appear to be exactly like Chronic Fatigue syndrome.  Im always worn out, no energy at all.
  The woman I spent that brief encounter with told me she had had bowel probs for years, had a very rough pregnancy with her only child and could not conceive again.  That suggests possible PID with a Mycoplasma infection.  She only works weekends, as she suffers from fatigue as well. And I have heard the Mycoplasma infections are the up and coming STD that has surpassed gonorhea
  PLEASE, any info or which way to test to see what the hell is going on here.  I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!
consult your docter serological testing is needed if you have Mycoplasma infection. Also you should have been immune by now.
What do you mean immue by now? Developed enough antibodies to keep the symptoms at bay?

I've had what I think I mycoplasma genitalium now for 5 months so I should have developed enough antibodies?
this doesn't really sound like a mycoplasma infection going on either.  also we don't do blood tests for mycoplasma either for genital infections of it - either urine or swabs of the genitals.  

I'd at this point stop thinking std. any symptoms at this point aren't going to be due to a std and it sounds like you covered your bases with testing for them all.  Most viral infections run their course long before 10 months too.  

grace
But grace, mycoplasmas are bacterial in nature Ndbthe symptoms are constant, no fever or indication of a viral infection..

I've done enough research to realize that the symptoms we're
experiencing are caused by an
STD.
It
would be too coincidental that 3 weeks
after possible exposure we all suffer these symptoms
what do you want from us then? we say not STD but you say has to be.
Just keeping everyone educated. I had discharge and same symptoms as record after exposure...

My ph Was high indicative of infection... Regular bacteria wouldn't cause those symptoms
many germs out there that we don't test for regularly.  you've covered the typical std bases.  this forum is for the "typical" std's.  

grace
I totally understand but it seems like ureaplasma and mycoplasma especially is surpassing gonorrhea as the most common new STD infection and unless doctors and other people are made aware of it so as not catagorize it as a typical STD then there is going to be a HUGE epidemic of some kind in the near future.

Considering it acts very closely in nature to chlamydia it can lead to infertility in both men and women among other problemsand is often silent especially in women.