STDs Community
What's needed? Small penis burning sensation started 30hrs post sex...

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

What's needed? Small penis burning sensation started 30hrs post sex with new person?

Here's my situation, I'll give it to you straight...

I met a cool girl, but one night accidentally for the both of us, we had too many drinks which lead to mutual vaginal and oral sex, but the protection used at some point came completely off during vaginal sex and was not used for oral sex.

1 day later (about 30 hrs later) post talking with a few other people about how stupid I was and all of the possible things that could happen, I begin to feel a slight burning at the tip of my penis (inside of it, towards the tip, a small area burns towards the opening).

The burning is mild and appears to sort of come and go throughout the entire day (sometimes it's more severe than others, sometimes it's non-existent; if it is present it's always very bearable but it is noticeable).

I have not been sleeping much since and keep thinking about this because I'm concerned, which has definitely triggered pretty severe anxious feelings.

I definitely have been peeing a lot more, and have the urge to pee more than I generally do, but I have also been drinking a lot more fluids to try and flush my system in the off-chance this is just something small, so I am not positive if urge to pee is also a symptom though I suspect that it is. However, I have no burning whilst actually peeing and, in fact, it seems to relieve any slight burning that I may feel temporarily.

Aside from the above I have absolutely no other symptoms or red flags - it has now been 3 days post the incident. This girl is the only person I have had any relation with in months and I have never had any other issues in the past with STD's...

Side note for a better description: this feeling is similar (if not the same) to a feeling I have experienced before in the past after masturbation ejaculation; but what I have experienced in the past has always gone away within an hour or so, it does not last for days on end like what I am currently experiencing.

I am approximately 25 years old and healthy.

My questions, if someone knowledgeable could please help answer, are as below. This will be very much appreciated as getting to a doctor that I trust will require me to coordinate a bunch of things between work and travel, so I'll need to plan it out.

1.) What types of things could cause this burning sensation so suddenly post an incident like this (an std? urinary tract infection? yeast infection? etc...)? I have been reading that generally std's don't present symptoms so quickly (after only ~30 hrs), though I feel there are probably exceptions to this rule...?

2.) If recommended to see a doctor, how long would it be safe to wait before going? i.e. it is now Tuesday, would waiting until Saturday be OK so I can plan it and avoid missing work? Or do I need to go right away? What if symptoms go away at some point, would it then be better to wait longer for more accurate results?

3.) How much of this (based on the above description) could be a manifestation of my imagination from being anxious? I have read a lot of forums on this site that say sometimes this can be commonly explained from mental issues vs. physical ones? However have not seen any particular ones in which the protection was at some point lost.

4.) Would self medication of antibiotics be a good or bad idea? Getting prescription drugs where I am is not a problem. If this is a good idea, what drug and dose is recommended?

Again, many thanks! I really appreciate it.
1) My guess is anxiety
2) 5 days after incident if you want some STD tests
3) See answer to #1
4) Bad idea, never self medicate, this helps build up a resistance if you ever do get a STD or another infection.
What about day 4 now it appears to have reddening and slight swelling towards the lower portion of the meatus? Although I never really studied this before I think that may also be happening... Would the stinging and irritated meatus combined together help give a prognosis?