STDs Community
When can i have Oral sex after cold sore?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When can i have Oral sex after cold sore?

Well my cold sore is in the scab phase where it no longer hurts but there is a red scab, is this still contagious?
I also need to know how long after the scab falls off should i wait before engaging in oral sex with my girlfriend? I really want to go down on her but i dont want to risk giving her genital herpes.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Blank
^^Im sorry i didnt mean to post that! x{
Blank
does anybody know?
Blank
1067212_tn?1353964002
You are least contagious when there is no cold sore present at all, so wait untill the red scab is gone. It's still possible to infect someone with the virus even if a cold sore isn't present.
Blank
Okay, so my cold sore is at that point where its starting to curl up where its snagging on fabrics and stuff, so its close to falling off, if there is still any reddness or anything is it very likely she will get infected? even if there is no spot or signs is there a high chance of infection? or is it rare?
Blank
1067212_tn?1353964002
It really is impossible to say because even without a cold sore you can be infectious. All you can do is be safe and wait until the area is completely healed, so no redness at all. Also you might want to mention to her so you can both make an informed decision, better to be safe than sorry.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank