STDs Expert Forum
White Discharge from Urine
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

White Discharge from Urine

In the past few months i have been having erratic pains when urinating and with an occasional discharge of white cloudy substance when i urinate. I was diagonised as having an infection (3 months ago) and placed on medication.it subsided after taking the course (although i still felt the discomfort) but after a while resurfaced .I am not sure if it was before or after i had unprotected sex with a female partner other than my girlfriend. But what baffles me is that there are no external sores,no blood passed out, the urine pressure is stable and there are no indication of distorted flow.
I am very sexually active and also engage in frequent masturbation almost daily. Could it be responsible for my predicament and does this frequency in sexual activity affect my health?
Secondly my girlfriend says she experiences discharge from her breast even though she is not pregnant. Could i have possibly infected her and could that be a reason for her experience.
Could STD's infections lead to miscarriages in women. My girlfriend just had a miscarriage.

Related Discussions
300980_tn?1194933000
There is a lot going on here.  I will try to answer your questions but may miss part.

First, STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia do not cause blood in the urine, genital sores, or abnormal urine pressure so indeed you could have an STD.  The single most common cause of a penile discharge in a man is a syndorme caused "urethritis" which may be due to gonorrhea, chlamydia, or a non-specific inflammation called NGU (nongonococcal urethritis).  Gonorrhea and chlamydia can be diagnosed using swab or urine tests while NGU is best diagnosed by taking a swab specimen of the penile discharge and looking at it under the microscope.  Depending on what is seen, a health care provider can give specific therapy.

The fact that you got better , then worse after treatment suggests that you may have been re-infected by  having sex with your girlfriend before she was treated.

Masturbation does not cause abnormal penile discharge but anxiety and over-evaluation may.  

STDs can cause problems with pregnancy but many miscarriages happen for other reasons as well.  Her Ob-Gyn should test her for STDS and treat her with medication similar to what you are treated with and neither of you should have sex until you have both been treated.

I hope this helps.  I would suggest you go, get evaluated with swab tests (best to go at a time when you have not voided for at least 2 hours) and then, if you now need treatment, have your girlfriend also checked an treated with the same medicines.

Good luck.  EWH
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker