White Gunk On Tongue, Sore Throat
I've been to two doctors now, and neither one thinks anything is abnormal about my tongue or throat. They are absolutely wrong! My tongue is *disgusting* looking, and only a few weeks ago it had never looked like this before. I know my own tongue. Both of my doctors have told me that I'm unduly anxious about this and that any symptoms I might think I have are psychosomatic or a product of stress.

Seriously, though, this is ridiculous. I have streaks of white stuff all over my tongue, and it doesn't rub off. And I don't mean the usual white stuff you expect to see on your tongue. I mean, I can kind of draw lines in it and shift it a little bit, but when I try to scrape it with my fingernails or a note card or something it stays right where it is. It's fairly thick. And on the very back of my tongue I have a series of pupil-sized bumps. Both of my doctors also say that these bumps are normal. So let's say I concede that my disgusting tongue (which looks vastly different from my tongue of three weeks ago) is normal. What accounts for my increasingly sore throat? No one has any answers.

Some people are saying that this sounds like oral thrush, but it seems very strange that these symptoms are occurring roughly three weeks after I had a questionable sexual encounter (kissed, received unprotected oral from a female sex worker). I'm a 20 yr. old male.

What the heck is this? Whatever is on my tongue / in my throat is absolutely NOT normal. I'm sick of these doctors acting like nothing is wrong when the opposite is blatantly true.

A blood test reveals that I have HSV-1, but my doctors insist that neither the white gunk on my tongue nor the sore throat has anything to do with oral herpes of any kind.

Is it just me or your tongue is perfectly normal?? I don't see anything weird in it. I'm not an expert though.
My tounge is very similar and I have been given the same information by my Dentist. I would not worry about it at all
it appears to be a little white but i dont think it looks abnormal
Hey dude. I had sex with a chik of the internet, with condom... sucked on her boobies. I had and still have exactly the same thing but is getting better slowly. It came on like you say 3 weeks after. On toungue and you feel it on the back of the throat. It is like fur.. discusting I know...I also had problems  with theses FFkn doctors that don't wan't to look deep into anything. They missed Hep B, which turned chronic on me, so now I have to be on antiviral for an indefinite time.  I also cought Epstein-Barr, and CMV and I think it may be from that. I had numerous HIV tests as well because of this symptom. But till this day I am not really sure. Now they are blaming it on Hepatitis. So keep me informed if you find something.. I will do the same.

And if anyone knows what this is please help out. It is the worst feeling a man can have. And it is not normal...
I am dealing with all this for 9 months... and chronic Hep B... I feel like a steped on a mine.

I hope somebody can help us out with this tongue thing. Mine also get's worse when I am under stress, so it may be related to Herpes... because I have that too
I had the same problem with my tongue. I had sore throats and bad breath, even though I brush three times a day. I finally figured out that I have an acid problem. After seeing an ENT and a gastroenternologist I was put on Nexium. Three or four days later my mouth felt better. My throat doesn't hurt and my tongue  is pink again. I still get gunk on it that makes it greyish. That comes off with a scraper.
But why did it appear  in about 3 weeks after heaving sex,,, for him and me. Never happened before and then here you go. In my case it could have very well being and probably is from HepB... it happens when immune system is weakened... body looses it's bacterial defense.