STDs Expert Forum
Worried about french kissing and protected oral

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

I am 23 years from South Africa.  I am a virgin and NEVER even kissed someone in my life.  I am to be married in december though.  I do not have oral or genital herpes nor had any sores ever in my life.

Yesterday I made a really big mistake.  I was depressed since all my investments crashed and I got drunk.  I went to a cheap brothel to see a prostitute.  I dry humped her with my jeans on while she was naked.  She put her mouth on my penis while jeans still on.  Her saliva may have got across the jeans and boxers to my penis here.

I also french kissed her a lot and later saw that she had a sores near her lip corner.  She told me she has it since two days and described it as herpes.  She also performed Protected oral sex on me.  Her mouth was on the Durex Latex condom only.   However she sucked, licked and kissed my belly, waist and sucked my nipples also a lot of times. Her saliva was everywhere on my body except penis/scrotum/pubic area which she did not suck at all.    I also sucked her body/thighs/breasts/nipples/*** cheeks but not her vagina.  She also had a small wart like thing on her breast which I did not kiss, though it touched my body when we were making out.
I am worried since I had a deep wound from bursting and scratching a pimple on my mid shaft a few hours before the encounter.  It had a hair in it and I created a 5-8mm wound on my shaft.  She did protected oral on it.  NO bare genital touch/penetration.

1)What STDs am I at risk of?  I am worried about genital herpes due to her cold sores. Her saliva getting in the wound on my shaft or her lips touching the wound.

2) Can I get herpes on my whole body/nipple where she kissed and sucked?

3) What STDs (hepatitis A, B , C or HIV or ANY STDs existing) will I get from deep French Kissing her?

4)What do I test for and when?

5) When can I have unprotected sex/ kiss my to be wife (marriage in December)?

I am worried to death literally.  Help me.  My wedding is my only hope of happiness.

Thank you Dr.

Welcome to the Forum.  the exposures you describe did not put you at risk for HIV.  HIV and other STDs are not transmitted through masturbation, through kissing (including French kissing) or through clothing.  This is true ever if you have a recent sore present and even though her genital secretions got on you on a number of places.  Similarly, condom protected receipt of oral sex is no risk for HIV or other STDs either.  

If the lesion on her mouth was a cold sore (herpes type-1) and you do not already have the infection (even though you do not get cold sores there is still a high likelihood that you have HSV-1- 60% of people do), there is a chance the she could have transmitted this infection to you through direct contact.  There is nothing you can do about this exposure now but wait and see. The likelihood that transmission occurred is low but it is a possibility.  If you do not develop lesions at a site of contact in the 14 days after your exposure, you can be confident that this exposure did not lead to infection in you.  As I said, it is unlikely that it did.

As for your specific questions:

See above.

See above,  Herpes is transmitted by direct contact.  Although most exposures do not lead to transmission, it could occur at any site of contact.  Time will tell.

No, none of these are transmitted by French kissing.

4)What do I test for and when?
No medical need to test.  

This will have resolved and/or declared itself by the time that you are married.

I hope these comments are helpful.  EWH
my shaft wound was fresh and open;(.. that is why I am worried.

please help.

See you soon
Last thing.. I also fingered her and touched my bare penis and masturbated myself with the same fingers having her infectious vaginal fluids.  her vaginal fluids touched the open wound on my penis shaft.  I am worried extremely. Help me.
bye
Hello doctor

thank you

I have to say that you gave a quite detailed answer.

I have one question and one confirmation from the above.

1) QUESTION: My question is about the genital herpes.  She did not kiss my genitals at all, nor did her lips touch around those parts.  I had made proper use of condoms.  Her mouth was on the condom only for the protected oral sex.  So is there any possibility of getting genital herpes here?  Should I be looking for symptoms of herpes on my penis here though no direct oral-genital contact??  I am still afraid here..

2) CONFIRMATION: And if in 14 days I do not get any sore on the sites of contact, can I assume I am home free of Herpes and move on normally in life (kiss and have sex with my wife you meant)?

I am really worried about the genital herpes.. though her lips touched condom only.  

Thank you in advance Dr Hook.
I also must mention a last question

3) her genital secretions on my open wound after fingering her and masturbating myself.. Is this also no risk for any STDs?

I will be grateful if you could clear all these 3 things once for all..thank you a lot.
To question number 3 above in the comment I add the fact that her saliva (infected from cold sore) have also touched the wound on my penis shaft when I put my fingers in her mouth and then masturbated myself.

Please help me with these last three questions from the comment above.
I made a mistake in my original post.. Her lips did not touch my wound on shaft ever.  Her genital secretions and her saliva (she had cold sore) only got on it.  Perhaps you got it wrong.  I want to know about genital herpes possibility from these here.

Please help with these 3 questions in the comments above.

I will be really grateful.   These are my only and last questions.  I am really worried.
You are being silly.  No change in my opinion.  EWH
I was just too worried.  That is why I made all those posts.  

My concern is just really Genital herpes.  I was ask just this last thing doctor since I am confused.  

Her lips did NOT touch my penis directly but her infectious saliva (she had cold sore) and vaginal fluids got into my open wound when I touched her and masturbated myself with those hands.  Is there any risk of genital herpes and should I examine my penis for symptoms in the 14 days to come?

This is my only confusion in all of the above doctor.

Thank you
Herpes in not transmitted in saliave.

This is my final answer.  Gret a grip on yourself and stop this unwarranted worrying. EWH
Thank you doctor.

Sorry for I have I irked you.  The mind really is one of the biggest foe of human beings in such situations.

God bless.

Bye