STDs Expert Forum
Worried about pimples on shoulder and back

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

I have had 2 massages on Nov23 and Nov29. In both cases there was no fluid exchange or vaginal sex and were both hand-jobs at the best. In the 2nd massage the masseuse used a hot-towel on my penis before I could stop her. I immediately stopped her from doing it but did not wash my penis for many hours.

Symptoms:
There was also some irritation when I urinated but it only lasted 1-2 days.
Over the last few days (Dec 1st week), I have got some pimples(more or less acne) on my shoulders (small) and today (Dec8) a relatively large one on my back.

I have never had vaginal sex (protected or unprotected) with anyone other than my wife since we started dating, which is more than 5 years back; I have a healthy 2 year old son.

Questions:
Is it possible to have receive STD through bed-sheets/hot-wet-towels etc?
Is having pimples on the body (not particularly penis) a symptom of any STD or HIV?
Should I get tested for any particular STD/HIV? If yes, how long should I wait before getting tested?

Thank you.

The idea that someone can get STD from bed sheets or towels is a myth.  These are called sexually transmitted diseases because sex is critical to transmission.  Think of what must happen if these diseases were to be transmitted through towels, etc - they would have to become sufficiently saturated with infected secretions to not dry out and then to effectively transfer the bacteria/virus not to the outside of the body but into the genital surfaces.  It just does not happen.  Your risk from the massages you mention are no greater than bathing in a public shower or swimming in a hot tub with someone else-- zero.

Time to stop worrying and move on.  No STD, no risk during your exposure and no need to get tested (for any STD).

Good luck.  EWH
Forgot to mention I have had another massage in September/October but this was a proper massage (no hand-job or no contact with penis whatsoever) involved. I was still lying naked on the massage table.
Thank you Doctor. I knew in the back of my head that my question was stupid but having a medical expert confirm it gives a lot of peace of mind. Thanks again!