STDs Community
Worried about syphilis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Worried about syphilis

About 3 or 4 years ago, I remember noticing a sore on my thigh some days after sex. It went away on its own, and I don't remember if it was painful.  I didn't realize until recently that syphilis begins as a sore, so now I'm very worried.  Can anyone tell me what the sore might have been?

It may be unrelated, but I've recently been having some abdominal / testicular pain, which is why I started researching possible STDs.

I'm not very sexually active, but I'm worried that the man I met several years ago may have been.  Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.
you can contract some std's from outer course but the risk of such is very low.

really no reason to think that your current symptoms are related to the encounter a few years ago. if you are having pain, you should be seen by your regular provider for some basic testing and exam to try to figure out what is going on. since it's not likely it's a std related reason, no reason to try to be discrete :)
did you ever follow up with proper std testing at the proper times after you last partner?

we couldn't possibly tell you how what you had a few years ago .

grace
We only had non-penetrative intercourse, so I wasn't very worried at the time.

I'm not asking for what it is, just what it could possibly be.  If I need tests, what tests should I have done?  What could a sore on the thigh be caused from?  Could it be something other than an STD?  Do I need to get tested for syphilis?

I'm disabled and it's difficult for me to visit a clinic discretely, so I'd like to have an idea of what needs to be done from this point.

Thank you so much Grace.  This is very helpful information.

I hate to drag this thread on, but there's one other lingering question:  if not an std, are there non-serious communicable sores?
many non-std related issues can cause sores on the thigh area.
Well, that's put my mind at ease a little.  I've never gotten a sore there before or since, but hopefully it was just bad timing?

Thanks so much for your help Grace :)