STDs Community
Worried sick over possible exposure

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Worried sick over possible exposure

hello,
I am a gay 19 year old male.  About 2 months ago I messed around with someone I met offline. After masturbation and frottage for awhile, he asks me if he puts on a condom, if we could have sex.  I agree. He tries to penetrate me.  For about 30 seconds there was a lot of pressure but, since I had been penetrated previously and the feeling was not the same, I didnt think he penetrated me.  After attempting to penetrate me, I decided that I just wasnt comfortable with the situation.  But upon turning around i realized that he wasnt wearing a condom.  I was not too worried about it because I didn't think penetration has occured and he assured me he was negative. I decided to get a 6 week test to ease my mind, this was negative.  But recently I have noticed I have been having alot of rectum discomfort and moisture in that area.  I think that I might have an std down there.  I am really scared because I know that if I got ghonorea (Gonorrhea) or chlamydia, that penentration most likely did occur and I would be at the highest risk for hiv. I've also realized that the guy I was with is extremely promiscuous.  Is their anyway that I could have contracted some kind of std without penetration?  Do you think that this was indeed a very high risk for hiv?  Someone please shed light on my situation. Thanks.
any hiv testing questions should be asked on the hiv forum.  hiv wasn't a real risk from this encounter.

hpv and herpes are your more likely risks and even those risks are small.  your symptoms don't sound std related. be seen monday and get a proper exam to find out what is going on. more likely a yeast issue than anything else.
yes you can contract std's without full penetration.  this was low risk for hiv though.

lube, lube and more lube!!!  don't rely on just lubed condoms either - have separate lube. you can buy condoms with packs of lube in with them online to make it easier too.

what testing did you have done at 6 weeks?

grace
Thanks for the response Grace.  I had a Unigold rapid test done.  Another question, can ARS happen at 8 weeks? I'm sure they can but would it be rare?

I am relieved to hear that I was not at too much of a risk.  I have made a doctors appointment just to be safe. I had been thinking that it very well could be a yeast infection!  Hopefully that is all it is. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.