STDs Community
Would anal chlamydia or gonorrhea show up on a urine test?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Help please!  I am male.
6 weeks ago I had unprotected oral-genital and oral-anal sex (in both instances he went down on me), and there was very brief genital-genital contact.  This is the first time I've had sexual contact.
3 weeks following the encounter I started having the frequent urge to urinate.  1 week after this symptom I went to get an STD test.   They did a blood test, swab of the urethra and urine test, all of which came back negative for all STDs.
5 weeks after the encounter the frequent urge to urinate stopped, however as this stopped I started developing discomfort in my anus.
There was mild burning/itching at first, and 3 days after this started I decided to check my anus and noticed a segment of the anus is slightly swollen in a line leading down to the hole, and at the end of this swelling is a tiny red bump.
I went to the GUM clinic again and was told this bump was neither herpes nor genital warts so I was sent home.

The issues with my anus have continued, and there is consistent feeling of fullness/like I need to have a bowel movement, which returns shortly after any bowel movement I have.  I've never had to go more than once a day so this is unusual.
I've considered what this could be, and realised that seeing as they didn't swab my rectum how would they know if I had anal gonorrhea/chlamydia?

Please help!  I have to wait till Tuesday before the GUM clinic is open again.
highly doubt this would be anal gonorrhea or chlamydia. You came up negative for both on the penis tests and getting it analy from oral...unlikely.

And to your question no a penis swab/urine would not show an anal infection.
Thanks for your reply!
Do you think this is STD related at all?
Thanks again!  It's really hard to stop panicking at the moment.
Reread what I wrote I believe I answered that question twice.