STDs Community
Yeast Infection after sex

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Yeast Infection after sex

Hello, I am a 22 year old female and every time I have sex I get a yeast infection directly afterwards. I am sure it is yeast, as I went to the doctor the first time it happened. There is no possibility of my partner and me passing it back and forth because this the the second partner I have had and the same thing has happened. I use a condom every time I have sex and have never had sex without one. My doctor told me to urinate after having sex to get rid of any residue from the condom, I did that and I still ended up with a yeast infection. What is going on with me? Is there any way I can make this stop or prevent it from happening? I am only 22, I am afraid I will never be able to have a regular sex life.