Yeast infection and abnormal pap
I had a yeast infection when I went to get my pap last tuesday.  I was wondering if this will cause abnormal results that will force me to go back to the gyno.  She checked me out and said it did look like I had a yeast infection-and I had been on antibiotics (I've had yeast infections before and had the same symptoms).  I am wondering if, from the results, they will be able to tell if it was just a yeast infection or if they can't differentiate anything.  She didn't mention that to me and I never even thought to ask if it might cause abnormal results.  From what i've read online, it will DEFINITELY cause abnormal results that will cause me to have to go back for further tests.  Any help would be appreciated!  I'd call ,but it's a Sunday and you know that's not happening!
Its not a definite, but its a good possibility.

If it does, you at least know why.  Your doctor will probably schedule a follow up in 3 or 6 months (this is routine, no cause for worry), and go from there.

Aj
I'm just curious as to why she would go ahead with the pap when she knew I had a yeast infection and didn't mention anything to me about the test probably/possibly coming back abnormal because of it....   It will also make me feel like I should not be intimate with anyone until it's absolutely confirmed that the only abnormality was from the yeast infection.  
Well, she went ahead and did it because it might not make it abnormal, and the results can tell the difference usually between something mild, like yeast, or an HPV infection.

Don't worry so much, ok?  You don't even know if its going to be abnormal.

Aj
Thank youuuu!  I'm just going to see m'lady in two days and I want to be able to be informed and not put her in any possibly harmful situation . Thank you though, I appreciate it as always auntiejessie!  
A little bit if info for anyone who might wonder in the future (and since you are so active on the forums auntiejessi!) .. I called the doctor's office and they let me know that the test will indeed differentiate between a yeast infection and other abnormalities.  If the only abnormality is a yeast infection, it was just come up as yeast on the test.  
Good, I'm glad you got some info to help ease your mind and so you can enjoy the visit.  :)

Aj