STDs Expert Forum
Yellowish semen...?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Yellowish semen...?

I'm 34 and have had herpes since 19.  Back then doctors told me I would only spread it when broken out, but reading your forum has shown me how little I thought I knew (thank you).  I've been married for 4 yrs. (separated for 9 mo.).  Last winter (over a year ago) my wife and I shaved our pubes and what seemed to be folliculitis (sp?) from shaving my scrotum spread onto my penis shaft, the base of which having hair that was shaved.  I stopped shaving only a month later, but the tiny white bumps are more numerous now.  I have actually plucked a colorless hair or two out of some of them, so I'm pretty sure that it is as stated above.  This alone doesn't bother me, but in conjunction with the following I am curious about something.
   About 3 years ago I got drunk one night and my hangover cure of a bunch of V8 seemed to cause an orange film to grow on the pubic hairs on my scrotum and around my pubic lymphatic sites.  We lived in Nevada and I thought it was just a fungus.  It has come about a few times since then, less orange without the juice, but rather cream-colored.  My crotch tends to become sort of musty smelling then, and for at least a year my semen has been more yellow than white. My wife use to get yeast infections quite often, and so I wonder if I have had a yeast infection for a couple of years, or some other fungal, viral or bacterial infection.  I have noticed that it seems to be worse when my diet has too much sugar.  Are there tests that a doctor can perform to help?  Do you have any suggestions?  I appreciate your forum and your help.  Thank you.