STDs Expert Forum
advice please

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

advice please

dear doctors,
i previously posted in the free forum.. i'll put the link here to save space..
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/problem/show/1872227#post_8686530
pls note that i actually started the amoxicillin cure 12 days after the encounter (in these 12 days i showed no symptoms at all, or at least that i could notice...i wasn't looking for discharge as accurately as i did later and i did not experience any major discomfort..but i was forcing myself to urinate a lot to see if it burned and this may have caused some weird sensation but not real pain).
what's your take on this?
thanks in advance
Welcome to the Forum.  Your link to your prior question does not save space, it just makes more work in addressing your concerns.  I have however reviewed both your earlier post and your interactions on the STD Community site and agree with all that has been said.  

You were asymptomatic following your low risk oral encounter and since then have taken antibiotics and engaged in a lot of self-examination.  The therapy you have taken would have cured most bacterial STIs if one had been present but there is no reason to think that you have an STD. The urethral secretions you describe are common but are typically overlooked by persons who are not looking hard for them.  They can vary from person to person and over time.  Further, persons who engage in repeated self-examination tend to irritate themselves leading to greater than average amounts of non-infection related genital secretions because of their repeated manipulations.

I hope this comment is helpful.  As already suggested, i see no reason to worry or to test. EWH
thanks doc
i really appreciate your help and i hope it wasnt much of an inconvenience going through the old post.
I only needed reassurance that not having symptoms of gonorreha for the 10/12 days post encounter  plus the "regular" urine/sperm analysis would be a reassuring factor despite the morning clear discharge i notice.
thanks again for your help. having the chance of "talking" to you and reading all your posts it's really helpful for me and i guess for all the users (i only wish i read them before making my mistake).
regards.
Glad I could help you.  EWH
Hi doc,
promise this is the last question.
As i'm going through what happened in the months following my encounter, i just recalled that 5months after the episode, i took 400gr of cefixime for two days (one 400gr pill each day that is).
given this new piece of information and the everything else that has been said, are you still convinced that everything is fine (no need to further analysis etc)?
Just asking because me and my gf are planning a baby and i'm not sure if where we live in europe they do routine std tests during pregnancy (plus, searching the web i came across a story of a guy with asymptomatic urethral gonorrhea following unprotected oral...which i'm little skeptycal about because he claims that he also tested positive for enterococcus fecalis and escherichia coli which, i think, dont usually live in the throat) and i dont want to cause any problem to her and, eventually, the baby.
thanks again for your patience, i really appreciate.
The fact that you have taken doses of cefixime which would be curative for gonorrhea, if present, is even more support for the assurance that I have already provided.  As before, I would urge you not to worry.

Further. I share your skepicism about the on-line report you mention.  As you point out, enterococcus and e. coli are normally not present int he throat.  EWH