STDs Expert Forum
big change in color of ejaculate

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

big change in color of ejaculate
arz
Two days ago I was stunned to see my ejaculate was brownish - it looked like thick saliva with a little coffee in it. it was the same way today. I have no history of stds, have been with one person for 3+ years, suffered no recent injuries (anywhere on my body) and have never seen anything like this before. No pain, no burning, etc. please help me understand what's going on.
Probably not an STD.  Brown semen usually means blood, but it happens from time to time in many men.  The medical term is hematospermia.  Sometimes it can be triggered by trauma to the perineum--the space between the scrotum and anus--for example, after a bike ride, horseback riding, etc.  But many cases are spontaneous.  If there are no other symptoms, such as discharge from the penis or pain on urination, just sit tight (no pun intended!); if it goes away over a few days, don't worry about it.  But see a health care provider if the discoloration continues after several ejaculations or if it keeps coming back.

HHH, MD
A related discussion, Brownish redish color in husbands semen was started.