STDs Community
big recurring pimple on pubic area

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

big recurring pimple on pubic area

hi. i'm a 20 year old female. i noticed last winter that there was a huge pimple right underneath my pubic hair. i didn't think much of it because i was sexually inactive for months previous to this find.

the pimple is the size of a peppercorn. it's hard on the inside and hurts when i try to squeeze it. it's been occurring on and off since last winter. in the same bloody spot. usually i just leave it as it is when it grows back again. since yesterday though it was irritating me and i tried to squeeze it too hard. it popped in the shower tonight and hurts like mad. there is a slight bleeding but that has stopped as well now. it was the only one until a couple of days ago when i found a smaller one about 3/4 inch underneath it. besides this i've had a pap and sti done 2 months ago - it all came out clean.

i've hunted down all mentions of this sort of a condition over the net and can't seem to find an answer. i think it was sexually transmitted because the partner i had before the pimple showed up wasn't the cleanest guy.

any help would be appreciated. thanks a lot.
Tags: test
sounds like an ingrown hair, regular pimple. I know its not herpes because there would be more like in pairs and it would gro in a different spot. um put some hydrocortisone on that so it erradicates. U should test for hsv only for peace of mind but i mean if he was wearing a condom its a low risk. HSV REQUIRES SEMEN TO TOUCH THE SKIN  OR VAGINAL FLUIDS TO TOUCH SKIN. no ifs and or buts
sorakh,

Jedispider is likely correct and it is probably an ingrown hair of some sort but you might want to see a Dr. to be sure.

Regarding the transmission:

Jedi is correct that using a condom is very low risk but you need more than just a simple skin touch to transmit the virus.

To directly quote Dr. HHH, "Transmitting HSV probably requires exposure to large amounts of the virus; that the virus be placed on a moist mucous membrane (e.g., inside the mouth, vagina, etc); or that it be massaged into the skin, as occurs during sex."

Good luck

BTW - I am not a Dr.
thanks guys,

i'm pretty sure it's not an ingrown hair simply because of the size of it.

i made an appointment with a gyno but i think by the time i see her it would have healed and she wouldnt be able to see it.
it cant be anything else cuz its in the same spot. Not an std
ok, so i went to the gyno last time, and she couldnt even see it. but i got a basic sti test done and it was in the clear.

so it's been almost a month and i have the same giant pimple in a different location. the one that was small and barely there has now taken the size of the previous huge one and theres another one growing lower than both of them.

i would go to the gyno now but i'm on my period.

a friend of mine told me that there is no test for hpv. i'm worried that this is what it is...
its not hpv, pimples happen.. Look just because theres a pimple there doesnt mean its herpes, herpes is painful dont listen to all that **** they say on tv, listen to your doc. U dont have anyting
i completely understand what you're saying. but at the same time i'm scared as hell.

actually it does hurt to the extent of a pimple, and especially right now because its at the fold of my skin, at the inner lip part that it hurts when i walk. nothing close to excruciating pain but enough to have me be aware of it CONSTANTLY.

so i'm really thinking about seeing a different doctor, one i'll pay even if OHIP doenst cover it.
i have the same thing, i'm really worried too, because i noticed that it started reoccuring frequently like once a month. but when i went to the gyno he said it was just a pimple, and to clean it with antibacterial wash and to put triple antibiotic ointment on it.
Have the same problem, and It's not an STD.  Some women just get those.  Mine is exactly how you describe and it comes & goes in the same place. Actually, I have two, really close.  I've been in a honest monogamous marriage for 14 years  (and I know this because he works at home, I'm a SAHM & he hardly ever goes anywhere) and before that we were together for 7 years during & after our college years.  Don't worry, it's normal.
I do  realize  this  is  fine  years  back  but  whatever  came  of  your  situation?