STDs Expert Forum
blister/pimple on penis

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

blister/pimple on penis

Thank you for this forum its a great resource.
So here is my question -
after a night of sex (oral and vaginal), I find a pimple/blister on my penis on
the hood part right before the shaft.
It is raised white, and does not hurt. It was definately not there before I had sex that night. I go to a walk in and he sends me for tests but does not belive it is herpes.
Over the next day or so its starts to heal, I dont do anything to it but there is a bit of white pus so I try to clean it a little which tears the dry skin. Again no pain, but a little blood comes out. I go to my GP, who says it could just be a regular infection (staph??) from the night of sex or herpes.  He takes a culture. Awaiting results.
The blister/pimple after 6 days is pretty much gone, no pain.
Although my paranoya I think made the rest of me very sensitive as I had different sensation all over my body - itching, joint pain - all lasting few seconds/minutes.
I am kinda freaked out so I dont know if what I feel are real symptoms or just nerves.
I have been with the same girl for 4 months. The recent sex was mostly unprotected, but her history is impecable.
I did have unprotected vaginal sex in Europe about 5 months ago, but only for a minute or so, because not having a condom made me pullout. She did perform oral on me.
I got tested a few weeks after returning for everything but Syphillis (syphilis) and herpes. All neg.
Now I think i have every test going and awiating results.
What is your opinion. could it be herpes and if not what else?
could herpes manifest itself over night like that?
Thank you.
No STD can appear within hours of exposure.  Although herpes is the usual cause of a pimple/blister, in this case it might have just been the result of physical trauma, especially if there was particularly vigorous oral sex at that spot.

But the other possibility is that the timing with the sexual exposure you describe is coincidental.  You have genital herpes, maybe for a long time, and only now have first noticed symptoms.  In that event, you could have caught it from the same partner in the prior 4 months, or from an earlier partner.

Your other symptoms probably are meaningless, or just anxiety-related.  You're on the right track.  Await the culture result; if that's negative, I suggest both you and your partner have blood tests to check for HSV infection.  See other posts about getting the right test (HerpeSelect or Biokit).

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
i am beginning to think this is my problem, too. it started off pink then after squeezing it and clear fluid coming out it turned brown, and then some more squeezing and a little blood it turned into a scab.

i was pinching the top portion of the penis skin, its a reason outside the scope of this discussion.

i wish there were more deterministic tests rather than a doctor eye-balling it, b/c its just opinion  based.
Your problem sounds more like herpes than a wart.  But if you had manhandled it before your health care provider examined it, s/he might not have been able to get a clear picture.  Although wart diagnosis indeed depends primarily on visual inspection, good laboratory tests are available for herpes.

HHH, MD
In other comments - you say herpes is a cluster formation and that it is painful.
I had one single pimple and it is pretty much gone with no pain.
Still scratching my head and worried.
I know I have to wait for results but any more guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Typical results, such as multiple lesions, clustering, etc are just that--typical but not universal.  Herpes is a highly variable disease in level of pain, frequency of outbreaks, number of lesions, etc.  If in doubt, get tested for it.

HHH, MD
A related discussion, not sure what is going on and freaking out was started.
A related discussion, zit/pimple/blister on penis was started.
A related discussion, Blister on my penis was started.
A related discussion, Similar Situation was started.
A related discussion, Bumps in groin area was started.
I have a similar situation but I have bumps on my penis n none of my past partners have contracted anything or gone to the doctor and gotten any reports of complications with them, so I'm wondering what's going on down there cuz it itches like crazy from time to time but no pus or discharge. Someone please help me out cuz I'm too embarassed to go get it looked at by a doctor. I was told it was maybe jock itch but I used the creme for that like tinactin but no luck
A related discussion, blisters was started.