STDs Community
boils on the vagina

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

boils on the vagina

i have a boil on my vagina just under that lips .My right vagina lip is alot larger that my left and it is very painful.I know I do not have an STD due to that fact that I havent had sex in years since my husband of ten years. Im Pretty sure it is a boil. I did get the lower half of the boil to pop on its own in my sleep after a really hot bath ,However it goes all the way up the legnth of my vagina lip. It is hard and I do not see another place for that area to be popped or drained. What do you suggest or recommend that I do to help this drain and heal. It is kinda embarrasing because I really cant walk . I do also notice that it feels very similar to the pain I had after having an episiotomy during the birth of my children as the start of the boil is right where they cut you . Should I take an antibiotic as well ??? thank you and any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated...thankyou Stacy
you shouldn't try to drain this on your own. be seen today for a proper exam and testing as well as antibiotics. if anything, warm soaks to the area until you can be seen and nothing else.

grace
I recently discovered "a sore" on my vagina lip as well. It is hard and also the length of my left lip. I didn't figure out that it could possibly be a boil till later on. I went to the drug store and bought an ointment for boil relief. I really hope this works because it has been very painful and uncomfortable. I was a little upset with my husband because one night before all this appeared we had sex. I thought maybe I picked up some bacteria from him not washing his hands after he uses the bathroom. Could this be true?
always a good idea to be seen and get a proper evaluation done.  you need tested for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally as well as checked to see if this is an inflammed cyst or any thing of that sort going on.

grace