STDs Expert Forum
burning sensation on foreskin...

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

burning sensation on foreskin...

Hello Doctor,

I am experiencing a burning sensation on foreskin (on the right side, just below the penis head). It has been this way since last 4 weeks. The inflammation is mostly felt in the evenings. The pain feels like a rug burn or something. My penis is usually rested on the right side on the scrotum. Initially, I felt some moistness in that area because of contact. I also was wearing two pieces of underwear (briefs and boxers) for the cold season. There is no visible redness, definitely no sores or blisters of any kind, no discharge, although I smelled a slight foul odor on a couple of occasions (nothing very smelly). There is no burning when I urinate. I believe I have experienced this kind of burning / tingling sensation before mostly due to wetness from urine drops but it hasn’t lasted this long before.
I have tried antifungals like lotramin (OTC) and hydrocortisone 1% cream but it hasn’t worked. I have used a cream (nyastatin) given to me by my urologist for suspected case of balanitis (it really was a foreskin irritation due to harsh antibacterial soap). It subsides the burning but it hasn’t gone away completely.
It all started a day after I had an incident at a strip club. During one of the lapdances, the dancer unzipped my pants and adjusted the position of my penis. I was still wearing the two pieces of underwear but at some point, small portion of my penis head (just the tip) was peeping out from the elastic of my underwear. I don’t believe I had any skin to skin contact (I did not feel it). There were no vaginal fluids on my underwear nor did I had my precum on the underwear.
Could you please help me understand what this is? I really appreciate your time and help.

Thank you!
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I can't help.  No STD can be acquired by the sort of genital contact you describe, and no STD causes symptoms like yours.  Your symptoms probably are unrelated to your strip club non-expousre event, unless due primarily to anxiety about it.  In any case, this forum doesn't speculate about non-STD causes of symptoms.  Any of the innumerable conditions that cause rash anywhere on the body sometimes involve the genital area.

You have been to a number of MedHelp forums without a clear answer.  Don't you think it's time you got professionally examined?  That's the only way you're going to know the cause of the problem.

Sorry that I can't do more.  I hope you'll see a health care provider soon.  Almost certainly you have nothing serious.

Regards--  HHH, MD
Thank you for your response Doctor. I think it also might be my anxiety. Thank you again for helping.
Hello Doctor,
I have one more question regarding this. I had one more symptom that got me worried again. I noticed two razor burn like lesions on my inner thigh (where groin and thighs meet) after a week of the burning sensation started in my foreskin. They were on the skin folds. They were small and burnt when came in contact with water. one was slightly bumpy the other was flat and they both were small. I put coconut oil on it and they cleared in a day. There is no visible scar left. They were not itchy and almost felt like chaffing. I get a little sweaty in that area and I have had fungal infections there before.
Could this be STD symptom like herpes. Or is it just the elevated moistness in the area causing all these problems?
This is my last question on the thread. I really appreciate your patience with me.
Thanks for the thanks.  This still doesn't sound like herpes or any other STD.

But as I said, it is pointless to continue trying to sort this out on line.  See a doctor or clinic.  Feel free to report what happens when you do, but until then I will have no further comments or acvice.