STDs Expert Forum
burning urination after masterbation(masturbation)

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Dear DR.

I dont know how serious this is or even what it is.  Anyways after i masterbate sometimes and i do it frequently, like 3 times a day, if i have to urinate afterwards i sometimes experience a burning sensation.  And it makes me feel like there is something in there.  Like if i squeeze it burns a little more and makes me want to try to urinate more.  Usually when i do go again it burns even worse.  The thing is that it doesnt happen that often really only every once in awhile but the first time i noticed it was probably about a year ago and since then i have been tested for stds and came up negative ( and this was only a month ago that i did get tested).  So im curious if i should worrie and go see someone serious or maybe its just because there is left over cemen in there or something.  Im not very technical so im not sure whats going on.  But i would like a proffesionals input if you would be so kind.

Thank you,
Of course I cannot make a specific diagnosis. But my guess is that you are irritating your urethra, either with direct physical trauma by vigorous masturbation; or that you are getting chemical irritation, perhaps due to whatever you might use for lubrication.  In particular, if even the slightest amount of soap gets into the urethra, it would cause exactly the symptoms you describe.  As an experiment, you could try masturbating with a condom, preventing any contamination of the urethra (but not a lubricated condom with the spermicide nonoxynol-9, which can cause the same symptoms!).  If you still have the problem, it's probably just physical irritation, and you can learn to go easy.

In any case, if you're not otherwise sexually active, it obviously can't be an STD.  So that's as far as I can go; I'm an STD specialist, not an expert in details of sexual function.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I do not use any lubrication so i guess it must be vigourous masterbation (masturbation).  Could it be dehydration by any means like if i was drinking beer and then masterbating (masturbating)?