STDs Expert Forum
burning when urinating

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

burning when urinating

I am a 20yr old college student and 7 days ago I had unprotected sex several times throughout the night and once in the morning with a 18 year old high school senior. I only had unprotected sex with her because she told me she was on the birth control shot. Starting this morning when I urinate there is a slight burning sensation and throughout the day I have had an itching sensation near the tip of my penis but inside of it. Some of the itching goes away for a short time when I rub it. But I have had no signs of discharge. My only other sign is my urine sprays wildly occasionally when I urinate. What could be wrong? My partner insists shes clean and I worry that if she gave me an STD she could also have given my HIV. Thanks Doctor.
Among sexually active 18 year old women, at any point in time at least 5-10% are infected with chlamydia or gonorrhea.  Either of those STDs could be causing your symptoms.  Your partner's assertion she doesn't have an STD doesn't mean much unless she has been tested and found negative since her last sexual exposure to someone else.  You should promptly (within the next couple days) see a health care provider knowledgeable about STDs.  The best bet for expert care probably is your local health department STD clinic.

The chance your partner has HIV, or that you caught it, is very low, but if you want special assurance, you might want to be tested for HIV 4-6 weeks after the exposure.  The provider who tests you for gonorrhea and chlamydia can provide further guidance.

As you should have known--and certainly know by now--condoms aren't only for pregnancy protection.  Not using condoms because somebody is using other birth control is dumb.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
You don't have HIV.  You might have the clap or ghonorrea.  What color is your urine ? does it spray out in two areas when your urinating?
it was yellow than almost clear after I dranks lots of water and cranberry juice
I surmise that is normal coloration for urine.  Drinking cranberry juice is a good way of dealing with it, or at least helping to clear our your urinary system.  Dude, i doubt you have the clap or ghonorrea.  Especially from some 18 year old chick...then again does she sleep around?
she said she only had sex with one person before me, not sure she's telling the truth or not but she says she gets a pap smear every two weeks
I honestly doubt you have anything to worry about, but if in doubt seek a GP's advice.  If you do have an NGU, they are easily treatable with antibiotics.  I am not sure the timeframe for symptoms to develop, but i think that you more than likely have irritation than anything.  As i said, you should still get a GP's opinion and never go by what people on the net say.  HHH will answer more thoroughly for you and you can certainly trust his words.  

As for her pap every 2 weeks, i highly doubt this.
Nobody gets a pelvic examination, with or without pap smear, every 2 weeks.  If your partner really said that, I would not believe her.  It also is unlikely that a young woman who has had only one lifetime sex partner would be on birth control injections.  So you probably have caught her in two lies.  If it is two, it could be 20.  Get STD tested soon.

HHH, MD
Thanks alot for all who replied. Went and got tested today and results will be in 2 weeks. Doctor gave me zithromax to kill any bacteria
Hi Docter, I talked to my partner about what you said about pap smears and she still insists she goes every two weeks because of her taking the Birth control shot. I could tell immediately that she was lying and is a chronological liar. I have cut off all contact with her and have learned my lesson never to have sex without a condom again! And to have a trustable partner lol. Thank you very much!
Or, she could be a categorical liar, and be completely out of chronological sequence.  Or, a pathological liar.  Then again, she just may simply lie distemporally, its hard to say.