STDs Community
can chlamydia lie dormant in a man for upto two years?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hi im going out of my mind!!!!  i need an answer... my boyfriend has just told me he has chlamydia and now i think i have it too! i am giving him the benefit of the doubt as i dont want to ruin things if he hasnt  been unfaithful as we have gone through alot to be together!!! he says it must have been there for a long time... upto 2 years!!! and he recently had symptoms and went to the doctor who sent him straight to the GUM clinic. They gave him antibiotics and then it was confirmed. He said the doctor also said it can lie in a men unoticed for many years... i hope this is not just an easy way out!!! i dont want to get this wrong if he has been unfaithful and just desperatly need an answer. Please help!!!!!!!!

This discussion is related to Can Chlamudia lay dormant, and only appear later??.
chlamydia is an std that can go unnoticed for a good amount of time... a few months MAYBE a year but not two years. Get tested and treated... chlamydia can cause serious problems to womens reproductive organs so the longer you wait the more damage it will do to you.
omg!!!! are you sure!!!!! im devastated!!!! thank you for your quick reply!!!!
I'm sorry I know it is difficult but your next step is to get tested to see if you are infected with it.
thank you! i just had to know for definate... cant quite believe it tho! im going to get tested as soon as i can. lots of sites say it can stay with a man for years before it shows and so i was kinda  hoping that would be true!!
months yes not so much years. There is an experts forum here, you do need to pay 15 dollars but they study STDs for a living. just an FYI. Good luck !!
can you find out how long you have had it??