STDs Community
candida albicans+ urethral pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

candida albicans+ urethral pain

I was diagnosed with balanite caused by candida albicans. I took one pill 150 mg fluconazole and I used ointment canesten (1% clotrimazol) daily for 17 days. 3 days after interrupting the use of canesten the fungus was back, so I used canesten for 10 more days.  About a week into the treatment I started to have mild pain in the urethra while urinating. At first the pain was close to the tip of the urethra, after 2 weeks it advanced inside by about 1/2 -1 inches and became stronger. No discharge. Last sexual contact was 7 weeks prior to the balanite diagnosis, during which only the fellatio part was unprotected. No sexual contacts for 3 months prior to the last one.
1. Can the pain be an allergic reaction to the antimicotic?
2. Can it be caused by an STD? What STDs have 8 week incubation period?
3. Could the fungus have gotten in the urethra?
4. What fungi or STDs can be transmitted through unprotected fellatio?
5. At the time of my last sexual contact I was having a respiratory infection. Was I more susceptible to an STD infection because of weaker immune system?
6. I took ciprofloxacin 1000 mg for 12 days for the respiratory infection, starting the 2nd day after the sexual contact. Did the cipro cause the fungus? Assuming I got an STD, did the cipro kill it? Does an antibiotic kill bacteria during the incubation period of a disease? What STDs are ciprofloxacin resistant?