Aa
A
A
Close
chlamydia diagnosis after an ovarian cyst
Five months ago I started having non-stop vaginal bleeding, but no other symtoms. Because of my age (42) I thought that I best have this checked out. (I had previously been on birth control pills but stop them 2 months earlier because of abnormal thyroid levels.) When I went into the doctor and had tests run a small but simple cyst was found along with a small polyp. The polyp was removed but I continued to bleed until I passed the cyst. Two and a half months later  during a follow-up visit and annual pap, abnormalities were found- I was diagnosed with Chlamydia. My husband and I are both baffled due to the fact that because of spine injuries and pain issues my husband and I have not had sex in a year (we have been married for 5 years). How long can chlaymdia be dormant? Could the ovarian cyst have triggered all of these problems? My doctor said it takes 1-3 weeks for Chlamydia to have symptoms appear. My gut instinct says this cannot be.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It is very possible to get a false-positive test, depending on the type of test the doctor used.  If you haven't been treated yet, go and get an amplification test for chlamydia, which is a very accurate test.  However, if you've already taken the antibiotics, then there's no point.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank