STDs Community
chlamydia diagnosis after an ovarian cyst
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chlamydia diagnosis after an ovarian cyst

Five months ago I started having non-stop vaginal bleeding, but no other symtoms (symptoms). Because of my age (42) I thought that I best have this checked out. (I had previously been on birth control pills but stop them 2 months earlier because of abnormal thyroid levels.) When I went into the doctor and had tests run a small but simple cyst was found along with a small polyp. The polyp was removed but I continued to bleed until I passed the cyst. Two and a half months later  during a follow-up visit and annual pap, abnormalities were found- I was diagnosed with Chlamydia. My husband and I are both baffled due to the fact that because of spine injuries and pain issues my husband and I have not had sex in a year (we have been married for 5 years). How long can chlaymdia be dormant? Could the ovarian cyst have triggered all of these problems? My doctor said it takes 1-3 weeks for Chlamydia to have symptoms appear. My gut instinct says this cannot be.