STDs Community
chlamydia infection of the eye

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

chlamydia infection of the eye

Please tell me how do you contract chlamydia infection of the eye and should partners be tested.  What is the most appropriate course of treatment.  Thanks
Tags: Infection
Sometimes genital infection can spread to the eye, or you could come in direct contact with infected fluids.

Treatment is the same as with genital infection, antibiotics.  Make sure all exposed people are tested/treated as an eye infection can be serious.
One thing to let you know; Chlamydia of the eye, while it is possible, it's very uncommon in the United States.

Pink eye due to infection with chlamydia is an uncommon form of bacterial pink eye in the U.S., but it is very common in Africa and Middle Eastern countries. It can cause pink eye in adults and neonates. It is a cause of pink eye in adolescents and adults that can be sexually transmitted.
hi just to let you know that i had this in my right eye.  i live in wales and did not go abroad so they are not sure how on earth i caught it as neither me nor my partner had an STD either!!! it was the worst time in my life and no one knew what it was for about 3-4 months - very painful!!! please be aware that people in ANY country can catch it!