STDs Community
chlamydia through oral?? HELP

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

chlamydia through oral?? HELP

I gave oral to a guy once about 3 months ago, he did not ejaculate in my mouth and i had no symptoms that i can remember. I recently found out i have vaginal chlamydia. I've only had vaginal intercourse with one guy and this was after the incident with the guy I only gave oral to.

my question is, is it possible that i could have contracted chlamydia in my throat from the guy i gave oral to and not have known and then passed it to my one partner by giving him oral?

How common is it to get and pass Chlamydia from oral?

thank you
you can have chlamydia orally but the odds of it are rather low.

if your current partner hasn't been tested/treated, he should be.

did you both also cover all other std's too including herpes?

grace
Thank you for your answer

No, we didn't cover all other STD's. I wasn't planning on getting tested for Chlamydia either, but a trip to the Gyno ended up with me getting tested for Chlamydia and it coming back positive, which was surprising because i've only had one partner, (he has not) sexual intercourse wise.

This could be a false positive. Partner should test and if you have not medicated then maybe a retest.
i have already started the medication.

what are the odds of a false positive?
it's actually pretty low odds of a false positive.

are you still with this partner you have had sex with? if so, you both need to be discussing std's and testing and being sexually responsible!