cipro as it relates to gonnorhea
I have read recently that gonnorhea is resistent to cipro in California.  I am currently on Cipro at 500mg for ten days, would that be a significent amount in my system to kill gonnorhea?  Anyone with enough experience to answer this?  I recently had and oral encounter, I got a bj from a female friend.  Thanks for any help that can be given.
Not all gonorrhea is resistant to cipro.  The reported resistance rates in California are around 10%, however, many strains are somewhat resistant and cause treatment to fail.  So failure rates of one 500mg cipro dose could be near 50%.  When it's not resistant, the dosage you took should be very effective for treatment, it's much more than is commonly prescribed.  So intermediate resistant strains would likely to be cured.

Are you even sure you have gonorrhea?  The exposure you describe is a fairly low risk one.  Were you tested positive?  And are you in California or on the west coast or Hawaii?

2g azithromycin is a reliable cure and could be considered for an inexpensive alternate treatment.
No I am in California the bay are to be exact.  I just wanted to know what my chance were with a dosage like I have.  No I have not tested and I am aware that the risk is relatively low.  I do appreciate you time and comment.  They were rather reassuring.  
Another drug which is effective is Levaquin which is another reliable cure.  Your primary care doctor usually prescribes doxycycline with Levaquin or Cipro to cover both Gonorrhea and Chlamydia..
The problem with levaquin is that it is also a fluoroquinone (same type of antibiotic as cipro), so that gonorrhea strains resistant to cipro may also have increased resistance to levaquin.

Azithromycin is a macrolide, a different type of antibiotic, and so does not suffer this problem.
I didn't know that.. good info..

Thanks but no one has answer my question.  With the amount I am taking would that kill it?  I have or should I say I am taking 500 mg twice daily for the next 14 days, will that kill it?  
That is pretty long period and your taking 1000 mg a day.   I would say your chances are good that it would resolve it..