STDs Community
concerns for syphilis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

concerns for syphilis

Dear all,
I had protected vaginal sex, received unprotected oral sex and masturbation with a CSW 17 days ago.
I did not notice(not quite sure because of the dark room) that there were sores(maybe caries callosa) on the CSW's finger or in her mouth.
Am I at risk of contracting syphilis from her? I just wonder how syphilis is transmitted, the infected person has to have her caries callosa contact my intact skin? Or any situation easier?
I haven't found caries callosa on my genital yet. But it is itchy near my anus today. I remember the CSW touched my anus one/two times with her finger. I cannot see what's wrong with my anus and want to know if I have to see a doctor for that.
Thank you. You are doing an honorable job by helping people.
can anyone help me?
please
You need to be patient, no one is here 24/7.

Syphilis is low risk and not something I would be concerned about. You have to come into direct contact with a syphilis sore and it would be on your penis from unprotected oral. Sore shows in about 21 days.
Thank you so much, Vance.
She used her finger to touch my anus 2 times(each less than 2 seconds). Is that possible to transmit any STDs?
you can contract std's from unprotected oral but the risk of such is small.

hand jobs are not real risks for std's either.

condoms are effective for most std's . the only real risks from protected sex are syphilis, herpes and hpv. If you need the peace of mind, test for syphilis any time after 6 weeks post encounter. herpes after 3 months. we don't have commercially available tests for hpv that cover high risk and low risk hpv in males.

if you have symptoms now, be seen for a proper exam. many things can cause us issues that are not std related at all.

grace
Thank you very much
Dear Grace,
If hpv cannot be tested in males, how can I know if I have been infected?
I've read that it could cause cancer and easy to transmit.
I don't want to transmit it to my gf...plz help me
You have to have symptoms and Dr diagnois by visual exam and can always have a biopsy done and tested that way.

Most do not have anything to do with cancer.
Thank you very much, Vance
what are the usual symptoms of hpv? and how long will they occur post exposure? are they obvious or negligible?
Most importantly, can hpv be cured completely?
I just read syphilis has to be treated as least 3 years....OMG
I'm in China, I know in US syphilis is very rare...3 years is too long for me to wait..
How can an intercourse with a CSW bring me so much to worry about besides HIV anxiety....it's my first time
You need to seek a therapist because your worry does not match your risk. No reason to be concerned. Going into detail of this and that is a waste of your time and mine. Just believe it that your risk is low.
Hi guys,
it's been 65 days post my encounter. still no genital related symptoms ever occurred.
But recently, after a 3-day fever with an ulcer in my throat(very painful for about a week), I have been feeling nauseated(want to vomit) and have a bad appetite when having meals.
I suspect I'm infected with Hepatitis B/C. Or do you think it's other STD-related?
thank you!
Hi guys,
thank you!
really no reason to think anything you have going on is std related from the encounter in question.

continue to follow up with your doctor for any symptoms you have.

grace
Hi grace,
thank you very much for your reply.
So you think my "nauseated to meals" symptoms are unlikely to be hepatitis related ? (I'm sure before the incounter I have no hepatitis of any type)
you didn't contract hepatitis from this encounter.   sounds like you just caught a "normal" viral infection that is causing you to have a sore throat and some nausea.