STDs Expert Forum
confused about chancroid
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

confused about chancroid

You may remember my question earlier about some lip ulcers my wife and I had. You said it may be herpes. My doctor has repeatedly told me he doesn't believe my wife or I have herpes.

Since my last post we have had some more symptoms of something but we are unsure of what it is. We have both experienced dizzyness (like an earthquake), Itchy rectum (I also had a small amount of bleeding when defecating for a few days)and I got a white coating on tounge. I have told all this to my doctor and he told me its nothing. It has been 5 weeks since exposure.

A few days ago my wife got a small sore lump in her vagina and we saw our doctor again today. He looked at it, said it might be herpes, but then changed his mind after looking at her urine sample saying she has chancroid. He also tested my urine and said I don't have it.

I am so confused. How can my wife have chancriod and I don't. She certainly hasn't slept with anyone so she must have contracted it from me. I am a little suspect at the doctors diagnosis because on the internet it says chancriod is tested using a swab and this was not done.

I have been tested for HIV at 3 weeks and it came back negative. I am now being tested again at 5 weeks for HIV and syphilis. Any help will be much appreciated. It's a little hard to ask these questions with my doctor because of the language barrier I am facing in S.Korea.

I just want to know what this is so we can get past this. A leasion appearing after 4.5 weeks is also a little strange. By the way we have both finished being treated for gonorrhea. Thanks so much doctor.