STDs Expert Forum
degree of risk for hepatitis

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

degree of risk for hepatitis

I recently visited an asian spa about twelve days ago and received a hand job. Now I am paranoid that
I caught hepatitis because I am experiencing symptoms that I have read online such as darker urine and a little stomach pain. I am so stressed out that I am working up an ulcer and am waitng for blood work and urine tests to come back. Should I be experiencing symptoms this quick or can stress effect your bowels and urine and mirror other stomach pains? I also read that you can catch hepatitis in the air and by touching. My doctor thinks I will be alright, I sure hope so. Thanks for your input!
Welcome to the Forum.  I would encourage you to listen to your doctor.  No STDs, including hepatitis are transmitted by masturbation. Furthermore, your symptoms are non-specific an are far, far more likely to be due to your anxiety (guilt) over this exposure than hepatitis.  Your question suggests that you have been tested.  I am confident the tests will be negative.  Please believe them when you get them. No further testing is needed.  EWH