STDs Expert Forum
do i have an std?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

do i have an std?

I recently got together with a girl that has been with many guys. I've heard from many people that she has an STD and that I should watch out. When I asked her about it, she said that she has been tested and she doesnt have one. However, I am not sure if she is telling the truth or not. I have not had sexual intercourse with her or sex of any kind. I have however had many make out sessions with her. She has told me that her mouth has been bleeding lately and this worried me. I recently noticed red bumps on my thighs and the skin on my penis is scaley and peeling. Is there any way i may have contracted an STD?
You can't get an STD without having vaginal intercourse or oral sex, and the risk from oral sex is extremely low.  I know of no STD that would cause bleeding in the mouth.  If you have genital apposition--penis against her vaginal area, without penetration--you might get herpes or HPV, if she is infected.  But all in all, your risk is low.  You don't say which STD she is rumored to have, and she apparently didn't say which ones she has been tested for.  In any case, your judgment is much better than mine can be whether she is telling the truth about having an STD.  Your symptoms don't sound like any STD, but if they persist, see a health care provider.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
If you have not had oral or vaginal sex with her there is no way you can have an STD on your genital area.  You possibly could get oral herpes, but as the dr. will say, 50% or so of the people have that anyway and if you do have it there is no way to really know where you got it (maybe even from your mom or grandma!!)  If you don't have any sores show up on your lip, you didn;t get anything from her.  If you do decide to have sex, for God sakes wear a condom.  If you do, you will have no worries.
Thanks alot dumb. I just got those symptoms today so to hear that is really relieving!
Doctor, i did not mean that the bleeding in her mouth was a symptom of an STD. I assumed that maybe when i kissed her, some of her blood might have got into my mouth and given me an STD.
Nobody ever acquires an STD by kissing, blood or no blood.  Don't worry about it.

HHH, MD
ever since ive hit puberty ive had 2 bumps under my penal head, on the underside. ive done some heath reserch and cont find out what it may be. ive been worried of cancer. i havnt had any bleeding,soars or probloms urinating. ive rejected sex for the fact of my loved one (who doesnt know of the problom)could it be cancer or some other diesease? how can i get help?