STDs Community
do i have an std

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

do i have an std

i have herpes and have been diagnosed for about 4 years now, i really have no symptoms my doctor told me that I have a really good immune system, that is why i didn't know i was infected.  But latley i have been having on bacteria infection after another, or vaginitis, and one time trich.  Now i am dealing with a thick oderless paste like stuff that isn't really discharge it doesn't come out it like normal discharge it stays in my vagina i do see it in my underwear but more during sex it is very apperant. i went to the doctor and she said it looked normal, she did send it off to the lab and i am waiting to hear back from her.  she told me this is probably how my body works and that there is nothing i can do about it. i normally don't experience any discharge. i will be getting married in a week and i didn't want to have this problem, is there a cure and i have heard of this stuff called rephresen. is this a good product to use on a needed basis.

THANK YOU SO MUCH,PLEASE HELP
You can use rephresh  sure. I want to warn you though - I know when I use it I get these thick clumpies that itch like crazy for a few days. It's the dead skin cells coming out of your body.  Just wanted you to be warned. You are going thru enough as it is this week without having to deal with wondering what else could possibly be going on down yonder if you use it :)

How were you diagnosed as having genital herpes? do you have hsv1 or hsv2?

How do you treat your herpes?

I'm a big fan of femdophilus by jarrow.  It has been clinical proven in many studies to replace the "good" bacteria in the urogenital tract in us gals.  Unlike many of the acidopholus products out there marketed towards women - the strains in femdophilus actually colonize the urogenital tract and help prevent the " bad" bacteria from over growing to cause bv and yeast infections.  Most products out there that say they are helpful for women with vaginitis issues only colonize the bowel ( if they even make it that far ) and don't consistantly colonize the urogenital tract.  The product has to be refridgerated but you can keep the tablets out of the fridge for a week at a time easily if need be.  Might be worth looking into when you get back from the honeymoon.

grace