STDs Community
doctor, hpv test for men

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

doctor, hpv test for men

I live in turkey and I found some laboratories making HPV DNA test on men. I made the test and the result ıs negative
I searched on ınternet and learnt that there is not a FDA approved test form men
but when I read some articles that HPV DNA test can be made on man and give accurate results
it can be made both on sperms or from a semen that ıs taken from urethral part (inside of the penis)
what can you say about these improvements,and isnt the result accurate?

This discussion is related to HSV and HPV testing.
Unfortunately, everything on the internet is not true.  This test could still be under trail.  That would be why the FDA has not approved it. Until it is, US doctors will not provide or offer this test.  Also, it may not have been approved because the FDA does not feel the test has a significant accuracy rate.  Other countries may provide the test, but that has little to do with what is offered in the US.