STDs Community
does cipro treat trichomonas

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

does cipro treat trichomonas

does ciprofloxacn treat trichomonas?
It's not the first choice but sometimes it is effective.

is it what you were prescribed to treat it?

grace
flagyl is the prefered treatment choice btw.

grace
Avatar n tn
im a male and the urologist prescribed me cipro... he did not perform any tests for trich b/c i had previously had chlamydia months ago but was treated of that and retested and cleared of the chlamydia... though my urethra pain persisted... i was just wondering if i need to go back to the doctor to get this flagyl or if the cipro that i just was prescribed will wipe it out...i don't have insurance and it costs me a lot each time i visit the doctor.
Are they just treating for trich in case you have it?

Are there any std clinics near you?  Also, if you are in the US, call your local health dept and ask what services they offer for those without insurance.

Aj
Avatar n tn
the cipro was prescribed b/c i still have what feels like urethritis four months after being treated for chlamydia though the tests have come back negative... i don't think i was tested for trich, so that's why i was asking if the ciro will be effective if that indeed is what i have.
It is sometimes effective in certain studies.  If you aren't better in a week after the last dose of cipro, you need to return to the urologist for further evaluation. If they feel that it could be trich, they need to test properly for it.

grace