STDs Community
dont know what it is please help driving me crazy!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

On the head of my penis and the rim of the head i have a type of rash. Sometimes there are faint red spots or it will just be very red. I thought it was dermatitus or balantitus by lookong at other pictures. I also thought it could be a fungal or yeast infection. When the rash is present the head is very sensitive and hurts when it rubs. I stopped having sex with my wife for awile until it cleared up. During that time i was using zinc oxide cream, bought all 100% cotton boxers, used very mild soap and rinsed well in the shower. Oh and by the way i am circumsised. It almost was completley cleared so i assumed it wasnt something worse from my past or whatever, i have ocd so i constantly stressed about it and constantly examine my penis which i am sure aggravated it at times. So like i said it was almost gone so i had sex with my wife and we used waterbased lube like usual. Immidiatly after it came back and the head was extremly sensitive and really hurt against my boxers. I have been putting zinc oxide cream on all day and it has helped. But it seems like it never completley clears up. if i was to explain how bad the rash looks compared to google images it is definatly on the more mild side in comparison when i look at other penis rashes, dermititus, fungal, yeast. All of the pictures look kind of simalar but cant figure out what it could be. I went to the doctor a month ago because i was worried it was herpes due to my over compulsive disorder. He assured me it wasnt and it was a skin irritant that would go away with zinc oxide but like i said it helps but never fully cleared. i have no other symtoms (symptoms), pee doesnt burn, no dishcharge, no past stds. The only other thing is that my testicles can get itchy at times but that might be seperate. Also my "package" is alway uncomfortable latley and when i wear tighter pants it is even worse Thanks for the help
Wtf why did no one answer anyway if anyone come across this and donthing similar im sure you are as frantic as i was when i wrote it. It ended up being first a yeast infection, then i examined abd put so many other creams on, it also was contact dermititis. used a anti fungal cream for a week, took a one time dose anti fungal pill you can get over the counter. Once yeast cleared i used zinc oxide cream for three days.  After that i put ob small amounts of aveeno oatmeal cream for sensitive skin for a week. And make sure the cream is "fragrance" free.  I also showered every day, used a tiny amount of soap for dermititis that my pharmacist sugested.  Rinsed very well, pat dry. Wear loose clothing, and change clean 100% cotton boxers twice a day.  Good as knew now, i hope eventually this post can help someone. Good luck
No one answered because you posted on a Saturday and I am normally not on the boards on the weekend. And the other volunteer Grace is also not on the boards a lot on Saturday. Since we volunteer we come here when we can and answer as much as we can.

Sorry you did not get an answer but the overall responce would have been to see a Dr. And thank you for updating with this info.