STDs Expert Forum
dry flaky patches on penis
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

dry flaky patches on penis

Hi, I out of character had unprotected sex with a female with whom i just met. She said she was on birth control and i thought it would make it that much better without the risk of getting her pregnant. I noticed two months after i had sex an open sore right up under the head of my penis. I went to the Dr and had an HIV test, syphillis (syphilis) test, gonorrhea and herpes test all came back negative. The Dr told me it was sort of like a paper cut from having unprotected sex. Well i put, neosporin on it and it went away in a couple of days. It came back in about a week to two weeks time. I did some reasearch on this site and discovered 1% hyrdocortisone which i used and again it went away but came back in about 1 to 2 weeks time. That was two months after i had unprotected sex it's now been 6 months and it appears to have spread i have about three or four dry flaky patches up under the original sore and on the other side of my penis I have about 2 more flaky patches and I have a dry patch on my scrotum. It all looks like where i had exposure to the female who i had sex with. I frequently masterbate and everytime i masterbate it removes the flaky patch and the patch becomes an open sore. I've made another appointment with the Dr. in about two weeks time, I will take another HIV test just to be sure. The patches do not itch or hurt but i am concerned. I don't know if it's contagious or what it is or if it's spreading. please help

perplexed03