STDs Community
dry flaky skin on the shaft of my penis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dry flaky skin on the shaft of my penis

I have this flaky skin on the shaft of my penis and get chronic athletes foot.
I recently got a call from a girl that I had slept with once- like 2 years ago- and she said she felt bad that she never told me she had herpes.

I have had this recurring flaky skin thing off and on since well before I ever met this girl, but now I'm a little concerned that I might have herpes.

I don't see any of the normal signs and was only with this person once. Is this something to be concerned about. Is flaky/ scaly skin a sign of herpes?

This discussion is related to flaking dry skin on penis--hsv? anything else?.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
No, but its a sign of a fungal infection.

You can ask your doc for a type specific IgG herpes blood test if you want to know your herpes status.

Aj
Blank
I mastubate a lot and whenever I stop for a while, the sry flakiness seems to go away.  Could I just be irritating it even more when I do masturbate?  Does anyone think that if I just let it rest for a while it will go away.  I have never had this problem before and I have only had sex with two people and they were both virgins!
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Have you ever used good lube to masturbate?  I'm not talking about soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, etc.  I am talking about something like KY or astroglide, etc.

AJ
Blank
I have had this too. It is because of over masturbation most likely i would say. I would ask if you have masturbated or had sex fairly often around the time when you first noticed this occurence. 4 years ago I was masturbating drunk at the end of a night and did not use lubrication. In the morning my corona was tender and I developed the same flaky skin symptoms and they remained for the next 2 years. I did not allow for proper healing time until it finally got on my nerves and my gf was bothered by it. I abstained from sex and masturbation for 2-3 weeks and it healed up just fine no more symptoms. I now have it again bc of another stupid masturbating incidence not using lubrication. I would recommend you take the time and money to invest in proper lubricant if this bothers you.
Blank
1116823_tn?1303076444
I have the same thing, but no sex. I've never had sex, and i've gone to a urologist and a dermatologist. The uro tells me it's vitiligo, but i know that it's not, and the Derma doesn't see it. Tells me i'm thinking too much or something.
Blank
I also recently got this problem and the last girl I slept with was over three weeks ago ... regret it cause it was unprotected ... I really hope it is just irritation.

Unless someone recommends other wise I plan to follow blahblahgobble's advise above and not have sex or masturbate for three weeks (will be hard to sleep) and hopefully it goes away.
Blank
1328226_tn?1275027942
Most lubricants are chemically based and can be bad long term especially in such a tender area.  My girlfriend and I use coconut oil (extra Virgin)(seriously no pun intended),  It is natural, lasts awhile and you only need a dab, not to mention its natural and tastes good too.  I am completely serious, you will never go back to over priced chemicals again.
It adds a bit of funk to sex and masturbation as well.  
Enjoy~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank