STDs Community
dry skin on penis

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

dry skin on penis

my boyfriend has dry skin on his penis...there are different patches, they dont itch, burn or hurt.  We've both gotten checked for stds and have come up clear.  what could this be?  we have unprotected sex so it couldnt be condom irratation, we do use coconut oil sometimes for lube.  thanks :)

This discussion is related to flaking dry skin on penis--hsv? anything else?.
It could be an allergic reaction to the lube, or a detergent, dermatitis, jock itch, etc.  He needs to see his doctor to find out what it is.

Aj
Avatar n tn
Okay i have had this problem twice now the skin starts off red then drys flakes, itches redness again repeat. And it only seems to happen during the summer. The first time it happened i freaked out thought i had HSV and basically didn't eat for 3 days while waiting to see a doctor. Went to the doctor she said it was not HSV but since no actual tests were done i didnt totally believe her. What i noticed the second time that it only happens on the side of my penis that touches my boxers; this due to the fact that most mens penis's hang to one side. I then noticed a small patch of dry skin on my neck that i had been scratching for the past few days without noticing it. Then things started to click in my head. It had to have something to do with my clothes. I recently started using tide, and with tide being so concentrated i most likely used way to much. So i washed my clothes and picked up some Hydrocortazine. Within 2 days my penis looks SO much better. I highly recomend anyone with dry skin to try washing all their clothes with water and just a tad of soap and picking up some cream, and worrying a lot less. WHAT a relief it was to know i didn't have HSV. I hope this helps at least someone. Check your whole body see if you can find anywhere else you might have dry skin... I found alnother spot underneath my scrotom on the inside of my leg.
CHeers
Avatar n tn
omg i had never thought of that, but in my last laundry i used an enormous amount of soap, and i have always had bizarrely sensitive skin. thank you so much for posting that! i will wash all my boxers in water immediately.
i also had sex and within a week white bumps and dry skin started to develop underneath my pennis what is it am scared need urgent medication
If you need to post a question, please start a new thread and do not post on an archived thread. You do realize this thread is a year old.