STDs Community
dull,pulsating left testicular pain with swollen and tender lymph node ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

dull,pulsating left testicular pain with swollen and tender lymph node (groin)..

dr, i had a single exposure of protected sex with a  CSW in thailand 8 weeks ago...

- i experienced a series of symptoms after the exposure... 2 weeks after exposure, i noticed a tiny sore (size of a small pimple) at the base of my penis.. it was painless and disappeared after 4days...on the 7th week post exposure, i noticed a slightly swollen and tender lymph node in my left groin...2 days later, i experienced the most troubling symptom.. i started having dull pulsating pain in my left testicle...the pain is not severe but i do a  feel sharp testicular pain every once in a while.. the pain is intermittent but lasts throughout the day... i'm still having the pain as i'm typing rite now.. its been 8 days and the testicular pain is still here...i do not have dysuria, polyuria or any other urinary symptoms..

my questions..
1) what is your diffrential diagnosis for the testicular pain.... is it in any way related to hiv?
2) if the testicular pain is  due to a STD, does this mean its more probable that i have hiv...( because the condom dint work to protect me against std'--- could it be as inefficient in protecting me against hiv???)  

* question #2 is the one that worries me the most...

thanx....
Could it be that you are stressing so much about having sex with a sex worker that you are manifesting symptoms from your mind?  Latex condoms are not 100% effective.  It is more like 99. something % when used properly.  It is highly doubtful you got any std from this encounter.  Your sex was protected.  

Based on that information, I wouldn't conclude your symptoms are std related.  But of course, the only way to be 100% sure is to get tested.
nope..i'm pretty sure that i'm not manifesting those symptoms from my mind.. i'm still havin the testicular pain... my concern is that ---> i shaved my pubes prior to the sexual exposure... i had razor burns as a result... could that be a significant risk? (STD/HIV transmission) ?
No. Your biggest risk was herpes but what you described isn't known to happen in a primary outbreak.  Though some people are known to be completely asymptomatic.  So, you should request a full std work up including herpes in another month or so.  Other than that, you may want to try to work with a urologist on your testicular pain.
all right... thanx  2terrified.. really appreciate it... take care.