STDs Community
epididymis pain...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

epididymis pain...

Hello, I am 22 years old and I have been having a constant pain (not much but bothering) on my epididymis. I can surely say that the pain isn't directly from my testicle but the pain is definitely my epididymis on the right teseticle...
It started; out of no where about a week ago which the pain was only in every 3-4 hours. However since yesterday, the pain has been constant, like every seconds I have pain on my epididymis... I can't stop thinking about it as the pain is constant and won't go away even for a second! I have researched a lot and I can't seem to find this as a known issue... I can guess this to be epididymitis which can either be an infection or STD.. which both scares me... If this is STD I have been with my girlfriend for 7years now since high school and we both lost our virginity to each other and I haven't had any sexual relationship with anyone but my girlfriend, can maybe STD have developed? I am currently in a situation where I can't go see any doctors until after january 1, 2011... Health experts.. please help!

I don't think you caught anything from your girlfriend.     You need to find a way to see a physican about this matter quickly.   Urgent care at a clinic is your best bet if the pain becomes un-tolorable.   A county Hopspital will only waste your time and money.

Thank you for your respond, I will go do that probably after January 1... one more question as this is an update for my situation: My epididymis feels a bit bigger than usual and harder. Also the pain hasn't gone away, this isn't usual.... is it...?
honestly if you are having pain this frequently, you don't want to put off being seen. you need to go and be seen today or tomorrow, not put this off.   untreated epididmymitis is not something you want to experience!

grace
Okay... I have visited an urologist for this matter which he had me taking this medication (sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds tablet) for a week and also took my urine sample...  The pain went away for the first 3 days however came right back... so i went back to the doctor and he gave me an ultrasound examination and also reviewed my urine test result. He said everything is normal, and men sometimes just have pain in the balls... So i was a bit relieved untill today when I noticed minor burning urination and drieness on my penis... it itches and as i look close to it, i see a thick dark vein through the skin on my penis... what is going on with me?? can this be std? someone please help me and explain what this is... do i have to go back the the doctors again??