STDs Community
female odor

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

female odor

I get female odor mostly after intercourse. My husband is uncircumsized but I tell him now not to *** in me, because I notice it more after he does. At times he may not *** in me but I still have an odor after, far as I know he is clean. I just dont know what it could be, I've been tested and was prescribed some antibiotics before the diagnosis came. I wasn't found to have anything unusual for a female. Im wondering if its an allergic reaction to semen or some kind of allergic reaction. We both keep ourselves clean and I am getting irrated with now knowing what this could be. Can someone possibly give me an answer?
What were you diagnosed with?  If you have bacterial vaginosis, it can sometimes be hard to get rid of, and you might need another round of meds.

You need to follow up with your doctor again.  If you don't have sex, do you know if your husband's semen has an odor?  This might not be you, but might be him.

Aj
I don't recall what it was I was diagnosed with because i was given the meds before the test results came back. I didn 't bother to ask what it was. If it is him why would his semen have an odor?
He could have an infection, maybe even diabetes, it could be something he's eating, etc.

You need to find out what it was and follow up with your doctor.

Aj
He is a strict vegatarian. I never thought about him being the one giving me the odor in that way. I will ask him to check it out.
Thanks. lili
Ohhh lots of veggies can give really odd odors - asparagus is known for it.

Aj