fever and sore throat after oral

Sunday night I gave oral sex to a man. On Tuesday I had a sore throat and a fever or 104 degrees. I went to the doctor Wednesday and they tested for strep throat and flu, both were negative. He sent me home with antibiotics anyway as he was sure it was strep, but the doctor's office called me today saying the culture test came back negative. My sore throat is better now and really it just feels like a cold, but I have never had a cold with such a high fever. Is it possible that I have a STI that I should be tested for?
many, many germs going around right now and you weren't tested for most of them.  really no reason to think that your sore throat and fever are std related.

if you need the peace of mind, wait a week post encounter and get oral testing for gonorrhea and chlamydia.

always protect yourself and only give and receive protected oral sex! oral sex is not safe sex !

grace