STDs Expert Forum
golden shower

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

golden shower

dear doc

2 days ago i recieved a golden shower from a prostitute. there was no oral or vaginal sex. i just layed down in the bathtub and she squated down and urinated on me. what has me conserned is some of her urine rolled down my stomach and went into my pubic hair. my penis was erect so my urethra was not exposed she urinated on my chest . nothing got on my face or mouth and i took a shower less than a minute afterwards. the next day my groin and genital area was hurting where her urine touchen in the pubic hair. we didnt even touch each other. can you get and std from this exposure or is this all in my head? i showerd 3 times in 2 hours afterwards and rubbed rubbing alchohol on myself. i feel terribled and scared i have a girl friend at home i dont want to give her anything. i also have had dhiarria and a frequent need to urinate since this happend. please advise
No one has ever gotten infected from a golden shower and you will not be the first.  These are the reasons:
1.  For starters, even though she is a commercial sex worker, chances are that she was not infected.
2.  Secondly, even if she was, urine is hostile to the bacterial that cause STDs.  The urine would both dilute them out and be toxic for them.
3.  That your penis was erect does not mean that her urine enter it.  In fact it is unlikely that it did.

As for your symptoms of diarrhea and urinary frequency, these are more likely to be due to anxiety than anything else.  Do your best to relax.  The encounter you describe does not put you at risk for STD at all. You do not need to be tested or concerned.  

Hope these comments help.  EWH