STDs Community
gonheria or syphilis, how or should i tell my ex?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

I was dumped by my girlfriend about 3 weeks ago and today I went to the docs for a rash and was tested for eveything but told it was probably gonheriea or syphilis. I feel like it might have been her, but about seven too eight months before her I was with a girl and got something that was like zits around my privates and to get rid of it I had to remove the tops of them and dab alcohol on them. So could at have been from her or the girl I was just with? either way my ex probably has it right? It doesn't change how I feel about her we want to be together again just the timing we came into each others Lifes was bad. I have strong feelings for her but I don't know if I should wait till I know exactly what it is to tell her or tell her when I see her tonight or tomorrow. Either way I know I have to tell her which breaks my heart cause I don't want her to hate me forever and tell people (she doesn't SEEM like that kind of girl). I am just so frustrated I need advice. I usually don't ask for help, I'm just so lost right now. Please help me? I'm starting to become very sad and feel hopless about my future with AND without her
Actually if you are in the US and have either, the health department will do it for you if you don't want to do it.

what testing have you had done?

grace
I think a urine and blood but he said it tested for them all and they put me on penasylon and two others and if that doesn't work he's going to give me a cream. I do live in the US, how do they tell her? Because if they go and say oh you ex ---------  was tested positive for this and that than it would be much better for her if I told her in person. If they just tested her during a check up and told her that way than that would be cool. Do you know?
they just tell them that a prior partner was diagnosed and that they need testing. they can't disclose your name.

they gave you oral penicillin or a shot of it?

since it's only been 3 weeks since you last had sex, urine testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea, trich and ngu is accurate now. a lesion culture for syphilis is sometimes helpful but blood testing for syphilis isn't accurate for another 3 weeks.

honestly it sounds like you've been misdiagnosed but if they are already treating you for many std's, too late to get accurate testing from a 2nd opinion elsewhere.

grace
I think its better emotionally if I tell her myself.
Mis diagnosed? I got the shot but he was just going off what i showed and told him which was a rash on the penis a little bit on my inner/outer thighs and that morning when I woke up there was discharge right before I was getting ready to go to the doctor.

If you suspect its something else or I'm taking meds that may harm or simply not help me I would like to know. I can tell you the names of what I'm taking if that would help.

I'm mostly just worried about the well being of my ex. I am going to tell her I just don't know how.  How long from when you contract it does it take to show symptoms? I'm kind of in denial it was her because she was in a relationship before her and I were and they were together 5 years.. I mean I'm pretty sure that would mean he cheated which would just hurt her so much.
Syphilis is 3 weeks to 90 days and you said you live in the US and syphilis in women is very rare. I doubt syphilis. As for gonorrhea that is not going to present as a rash.

Just advise her that your Dr suspected _______ and she should get tested to make sure.

I meant clamidya not gonoriah sorry. Can either syphilis, gonoriah or clamidiya cause kidney problems in men and/or women?

Thank you for all this help by the way, you are helping me out a lot and I want you to know I appreciate that a lot.
Not that I am aware of.
How about rash for clamidya, is that a symptom?
Nope