STDs Expert Forum
gonorrhea and chlayamdia

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

gonorrhea and chlayamdia

dear doctor ,

10 months back  i had two exposures both in china with chinese prostitutes , mutual masturbations , in both the cases vaginal fluid of prostitutes came in contact with my penis urethra. i got tested for hiv , hep b and c , herpes  syphillis (syphilis) after a period of six months , every thing is negative . but now i am getting worried about gonorrhea nad chlaymdia . For upto 10 months i do not have any symptoms , i continues sexual intercourse with my wife she also do not have any symptoms . i got tested for a simple urine test by my skin and vd specialist doctor after 10 months , he says my urine test is negative , i do not have any gonorrhea or chlyamdia . but i much worried after reading on internet , where it say 75 % women do not show any symptoms , my wife has delivered a baby after six months of unprotected intercourse , baby is also fine
my questions are

MAY BE I HAVE INFECTED MY WIFE , SHE MIGHT NOT BE KNOWING THIS BCOZ THERE ARE NO SYMPTOMS , MAY BE IN FUTURE SHE MAY HAVE SYMPTOMS ,

DO I HAVE TO TEST FURTHER MY DOCTOR SAY S THERE IS NO NEED ?

you think my simple urine test is enough after 10 months ?

is there any baterial/ viral  std i should be worried of , shall i relax after 10 months of trauma ?-
pLSE HELP ME EASE MY MIND DOCTOR ,  ICANNOT CONCENTRATE ON MY WORK
Welcome to our Forum. I will be happy to provide some facts and to try to help.  You do not have gonorrhea or chlamydia. I say this for two reasons.

First, you indicate that your only exposure was mutual masturbation.  While it is theoretically possible that infection could be spread through mutual masturbation, it is most unlikely.  In our combined over 60 years of STD-focused practice, neither Dr. Handsfield or I has ever seen a case of gonorrhea or chlamydia which was clearly transmitted through mutual masturbation.

Second, you have been tested. Urine tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia are VERY accurate and should be believed. Without symptoms such as a penile discharge and with negative urine tests, you should believe the tests and know that you do not have gonorrhea or chlamydia.

If you do not have these diseases, then you cannot have given them to your wife so concerns about asymptomatic  infection in her are no realistic. From the tone of your questions, my sense is that you feel quite guilty about these exposures.  You need to deal with your guilt, if that is a problem, but you do not need to worry about having gotten an STD, including gonorrhea and chlamydia from the exposure you describe.  EWH
dear doctor  thanks just want to confirm the urine test done was ordinary urine test not specific urine test for gonorrhea and chlyamdia my doctor said if something will be wrong then he will order urine culture , also doctor i want to know what if my body has cleared the infection itself but i might have given it to my wife . Plse help
Sorry, I though your urine had been tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia.  The negative general urine test (called a urinalysis) is strongly suggestive but not definitive. A direct test, specific for gonorrhea and chlamydia would be definitive.  Despite this, there is little reason for concern.  EWH