STDs Community
gonorrhea long term effects

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

gonorrhea long term effects

what are the long term effects of gonorrhea if you hsave gone untreated for more then a year?

does it mess up your fertility?or could you get cancer? or what?
Avatar n tn
could you even get pregnant if you've had gonorrhea over a year? and if you have been what could it do to the baby?
Hon - we have been over this, haven't we?

If you want more information on gonorrhea, check out the health topics list here and read that.  You can also try www.ashastd.org.

AJ
Avatar n tn
this is a different question. and im just wanting to recieve answers. its what i believe the forums are for.
Avatar n tn
and i prefer asking questions to live people rather then looking it up on google.
Weren't your tests and your man's test negative?  Why are you so concerned with gonorrhea if you both tested negative?

You already got answers to long term effects in your other post.

It might cause arthritis, PID and fertility problems.

AJ
Avatar n tn
because i told you i dont think gonorrhea was included in the tests.
Avatar n tn
I am really not in any particular place to give info out however it seems to me easy enough to get another test and the treatment is easy and relatively quick why take any chance with your health you can have an anonymous or at least confidential test in almost any city in the US takes five minutes reults in a week treatment instantly witha  shot or a week of antibiotics and you are done........bite the bullet and go get yourself healthy you deserve it.
I agree.  And call and ask if you were tested.  That's an easy call to make, and can put all of this to rest.

If you weren't, then test.

AJ