STDs Community
gram negative coccobacilli

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

gram negative coccobacilli

Im 35 yrs. old, jobless. here in the philippines. In december 26 and 29 I had sex with my gf without condoms or protection. In january 1, 2008 I found that there is a pus in my urethra it will came out every few hours.  In the second day I start to take amoxicillin 500mg in 3 times a day until January 6 but nothing works still the same then I go to the public hospital and met a doctor He ask me anthing and I answered him I fell normal, no cuts or wound around the penis, when I urinate there is no pain, the pus color is white-yellow and I dont have fever. He gave me request for examination about the blood, urine and the pus to the laboratory. In the same day I have the result of the blood and the urine from the laboratory and I report it to him he told me that the blood is normal but  in the urine result the pus cell it was 25-30/hpf so he give me prescription a ciprofloxacin 500mg for seven days two times a day and doxycycline 100mg for 6 days. The culture and sensitivity-gram stain result of pus will be 3 days. After that I take my medicine starting January 6, 2008 and this is what I found out after two days of taking there in no cure the pus still the same it will come out, but when I mix it with amoxicillin 500mg with ciprofloxacin 500mg after one day it works the pus is gone in the urine passage or when I urinate it is clear its like back to normal but there is a little hole in the urethral opening which is connected to the glans (glands) if I press the tip of the glans (glands) it came out a tiny pus.
               After 4 days I go back to the hospital which is January 10, 2008 to get the result of culture it is said, "No neisseira gonorrhea after 72 hours of incubation" "Gram negative coccobacilli = (++)"
               In January 18, 2008 again urinallysis examination the result in pus cells is 4-8/hpf the doctor still give me the ciprofloxacin but the tiny hole in the urethral opening if i press the tip of the glans (glands) there is still tiny pus came out.
               In January 30, 2008 again urinallysis examination the result in pus cells is 0-1/hpf the urine color is straw everything in urine is normal starting this day I did not take medicine but the tiny hole in urethral opening still there when I press the glans (glands) tip it came out again. In February 2 and 3 I did masturbate to make sure its okay but yesterday February 4 the pus in my urethra it came back! and I feel my body was burning and sometimes I fell cold in the evening I take again medicine the amoxicillin 500mg and ciprofloxacin 500mg and this morning February 5 im feel back to normal and the pus in the urethra or urine passage is gone my urine is back but still the tiny hole in the urethral opening which is connected to the glans (glands) if i press there is tiny pus thats came out.

My question is:

1.) how to stop this little tiny pus in the urethral opening, what medicine to take? I think this is the root of the pus that came out in my urinal passage.

2.) does this gram negative coccobacilli is dangerous, is this can be stop? I want to stop it before it's stop me or kills me because I dont have enough money to buy a medicine.

3.) Is this dangerous if i get sex to my gf. I dont want it to happen to her all I want is safe.

Pls, Dr. tell me whats important for me. I dont know what to ask. Thank you in advance.

hey how are you this time? are you okay now?
Luckyly i can still log in this site after years of not logging in..

Hey! yes definitely im fine! I solve the problem with my own way, that was the month of May 2008. That month february, march and april 2008 I still suffering repeatedly the same problem the pus in my urethra still come out. By the first week of month of May 2008 I search many antibiotics in the website and i find this azithromycin so I buy one without prescription from a doctor, fortunately the pharmacist gave me one azithromycin maybe because I have the prescription of the other antibiotics like the ciprofloxacin. So what I did to take medicine again the same way:

* First I take amoxicillin 500mg and ciprofloxacin 500mg two times a day morning and evening continuously for 3 days. Just to weaken the pus and to clear my urethra (urinal passage) of the pus.

* Lastly after 3 days I take the azithromycin tablet. For finishing.. ( it works! it kills the bacteria in tiny hole in the urethral opening )

Until this days in this year it never came back.
What you had was Haemophilus ducrei ,causative agent of Chancroid, (gram negative coccobacillus a pleomorphic bacteria), normally this STD infection is asymptomatic for women and is very common in Asian contries. The threatment normally includes a combination of Azithromycin and ciproflacin. Your  story  made a great study case at my school.

Nursing Student at GSU