STDs Community
hard bumps on my balls

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

hard bumps on my balls

I have some hard bumps on my balls.. some can pop and seem to be lil pimples from ingrown hairs.. but others are hard and unable to pop.. there has been one bigger one for a few yrs.. and has gotten a lil bigger.. about the size of a BB... but just tonight i was sick of it an  stuck a needle in it an pinched it hard and made the hard thing come out.. it was white and very hard and when i broke it up it was  very dry.. there seems to still be some harder tissue around the area... i cleaned it up with some  bactiera thing an put a lil bandaid over it... but i just dont know what this is.. i have never had sex.. or any sexual activies for that part... do u know what this is... somthing to worrie about.. i really dont wanna go to the docter an tell him.
Sounds like an ingrown hair follical. Sometimes the hair grows inwards and you get a redish lump and the skin goes hard. If you burst it you get a hard white lump and its sore for a few days.
Yes, that could be folliculitis, but it might also be molluscum.  You should see your doctor.

Aj
Avatar n tn
I have been looking up info for Molluscum Contagiosum on web md and it says "Although it is acceptable to leave molluscum contagiosum untreated"  but it says people will get rid of them cuz they just dont like them.. or so it doesnt spread more to other parts of the body or somone else...   it says self treatment is possible with Salicylic acid or similar things to wart remover... do u know anything about this self treatment stuff... and if its ok to use it on the ball sac..ie wart remover or salicylic acid.

i have had one of them for like 4 yrs an i think i have like 2 more.. i donno but if there all the same thing it hasent spread fast at all.... do u know the normal spread rate??    and through these 4 yrs i never thought anything of it and would touch my self an prob touch other parts of my body an i dont think i have these anywhere else..

if you or anyone could answer this it be great

spread rate of Molluscum Contagiosum .. and self treatment on ball sac ie: wart remover/ salicylic acid
Avatar n tn
ooo and the hardness of these bumps have been under the skin .. not on the direct surface of the bump... like on the 1st thing i posted i removed one of the hard things.. the molluscum said it be waxy and hard..mine was deff hard but more dry compacted skin..

ok thanks for answering this stuff tho
If its been there for 4 years, its not an std.

I wouldn't use any of those wart treatments on your genitals, and you need to get this checked out if its been there that long.

Aj
I took a knife and popped mine and it came back with another one. Some r just like pimples and have pus. The big one had it looked like dry caulk is the easiest way to explain it