STDs Community
help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

help!

Hi! I am 20 year old male and have been in a monogomous relationship for 4 months now, and was in an open relationship for 4 months before that. I was sexually active in the last relationship and have been in this one as well. About a year ago I had unprotected sex with a 19 year-old woman and developed small bumps along the head of my penis. The bumps developed about a week afterwards and went away around two weeks after. Just to be sure I went for an STD test and came back negative for syphillis (syphilis), herpes, chlamidia and gonorrhea; my doctor said it was probably a yeast infection and I need not worry as it had gone. Fast forwarding to this past august, I had both protected and unprotected sex with my girlfriend of the time and developed another yeast infection! We only had unprotected sex twice, and the bumps, along with my skin cracking, developed long after that but around the time I used spermicidal condoms. I waited for about two weeks and when the bumps/cracked skin had not subsided but instead got worse I went into the doctor. He gave me diflucan and told me to apply lotrimin ultra. It seemed to work for the time. November rolled around and I had been dating my current girlfriend for about a month. We had unprotected sex and another yeast infection followed. This time i went and got lotrimin and put it on myself and then the doctor gave me some more diflucan. It seemed to work again however a rash appeared and slowly spread from my crotch to my lower abdomen. The doctor once again gave me diflucan and it did nothing for me this time. I started to take acidophillus daily and the rash disappeared. Now, three months later and after having unprotected sex with my girlfriend numerous times the rash has come back and with a vengeance. Last week I noticed two lymph nodes were swelling and it all has deteriorated from there. There are bumps on the head of my penis and the rash is spreading from my crotch to my lower abdomen. I also am starting to notice it appearing on my torso. In addition to this I have satellite bumps on my inner thighs that look like zits.

I am really worried that this has all along not been a yeast infection but something different and that I may have unknowingly infected my girlfriend. I am looking for some sort of help or direction... please help?
it's not unusual for yeast to reoccur over and over again like this. this doesn't really sound like a std going on.

follow up with your provider for further evaluation if otc yeast creams aren't helping you.

grace